Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Four Pictures


My Mom caught me practicing soccer before school. This was not an unusual thing to see. I had a dumbfounding drive to be great went I was a kid. I would spend every moment of the day training for whatever sport I was into. I suppose it came from the push of my Dad or the mindset of my Dad. Maybe it was the effect my success at sports had on him that pushed me harder. I guess I never really backed down on pushing myself, though I soon moved to other endeavors.



This is me, learning to ride my bike with no training wheels. Its in the driveway of Sit & Jid's where we lived for a few months before my parents went to college in Kentucky. I don't think I really got the hang of it until later that year.



Probably my favorite family photo. Me and my sister Abby in front the KCC sign. That sign is long gone now and it isn't even called that anymore. Ironically, even though me and Ab swore we wouldn't go to KCC/KCU, we both went there for a short while eventually. My brother and other sister are currently there.



Believe it or not, this is a picture of my varsity soccer team in High School. With only 60 boys in the small school, beggars can't be choosers. Half of us were Jr Highers. I'm in the second row on the right. I'm in 8th grade (probably 5': 3''). The girl in front of me (the team manager) was my first real girlfriend. She was in 9th grade. We weren't allowed to sit in the same seat. I sat behind her and secretly held her hand between the seat and the window on the way home from the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment