Saturday, June 11, 2011

Trailer Park Film Faction



I miss my Trailer Park Film Faction today. I made pancakes with chocolate chips, in cold air conditioning, while listening to Sigur Ros - Med Suo I Eyrum... It felt exactly like Wednesday night at 8 o'clock in October 2009. By myself cooking pancakes and waiting for 20 or so early 20s/late teens to fill my trailer and settle in for a good movie that I picked out. Emmet is sleeping on the couch, the sun is going down, neighbors are outside walking around and talking, the skillet smells like butter, the air outside is cold and the heat is slightly on, the place is cleaned, the chairs are all set up, and the stereo is blasting:


In a few minutes Andrew Stanley will show up to help out with the cooking, Keven Widener will help with the dishes, Sarah Ballentine will stand around and laugh funny, Rachel Morris will come in with homework in hand, Jacob Dixon will show up and take over the place, Luke Dixon will walk in with the second half of some crude remark, Spence will come in with a weird mood and not talk at first and then he won't shut up the rest of the night, Liz Serhal will ask what we're going to watch, Jake the Snake will bring a girl and it will be awkward. I will be very happy.

That was the toughest few months of my life and it would have been impossible to get out in one piece without my friends from Kentucky, the film faction.

http://www.facebook.com/chadserhal#!/group.php?gid=113853727831

4 comments:

  1. Rachel and I talked about it all summer while working at the school library (the most boring job imaginable). We would start a film group. We carried it out and had it nearly every single week. Close to 30 events were held, including a Film Faction offshoot "Foreign Film Faction Fridays" (for the hardcore film factioners).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Badlands
    Le Jetee
    Harold&Maude
    Rio Bravo
    Rebel w/o a Cause
    Modern Times
    Hud
    Vertigo
    Night of the Living Dead
    A woman is a woman
    On the Waterfront
    the Apartment
    the Graduate
    City Lights
    There Will Be Blood
    Bonnie & Clyde
    Easy Rider

    ...to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone had something going on it seemed. at least in the core group, and the fine company of film faction was our elixir.

    ReplyDelete