Friday, February 18, 2011

BLONDIES (featuring my top 5 cutest blonde performances)

I met a cute girl on facebook a few months ago. She's a black makeup, black hair, tattoos type of girl. I call them "Winona Rider girls" (and I tend to fall for them every time) (the troubled types). I soon found that she was a blonde only a few years before... she was a natural blonde! And whoa did she look good as a blonde! I made my move 3 months later and pointed out that she was very attractive in a certain picture (coincidentally her as a blonde). She responded (jokingly, but still appalled), "Ugh! You like blondes? I don't know if we can be friends then." I quickly retracted my statement... to no avail... it was too late. Communication has stopped.

:(

Dammit... I like blonde haired girls. Specifically a short-haired blonde. A cute tom-boy who's still girlie and fashionable. I've thought all day about where this preference may have started.

Maybe it was my very first girlfriend... Betsy. We saw Care Bears together in the theater. This was in 1985.


Wonder what happened to her?

More like, what didn't happen to me.

In high school there was this short-haired blonde around who was always dating this one guy. I was infatuated with her.

Notice the engagement ring.

Then there was Robin Ballence. She lived in Zimbabwe Africa. I was SO OBSESSED with her. I wrote 50 songs about her in 1998 (many of them were Do Wop songs, oddly). This is from the front cover of my first CD "School Days".




TOP 5 CUTE BLONDE PERFORMANCES:


5. Gwyneth Paltrow in SLIDING DOORS '98

Gwyneth looks great with short blonde hair. It's a breath of fresh air compared to her boring bangs with straight long brown hair (all those words are boring). This film is great, for its time especially. It is similar to a time travel movie except it's an alternate dimension or a "what if" type thing.

4. Keira Knightley BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM '02

I love the tom-boy look. Short blonde hair and beautiful brown eyes. The movie is not that good, unless you are a girl who likes soccer. I honestly prefer the way she looks in Domino,

...but that movie is too bad to put on the list. I love her in everything. Don't hate me.

3. Jean Seberg in BREATHLESS '60

A failed play actress from Iowa gets discovered by a French first time director. The movie becomes a groundbreaking classic that begins an entire movement that is greatly felt even to this day. Seberg became an immediate icon and is more popular today then she ever was.

2. Leslie Mann in FREAKS AND GEEKS '00

SO. SO. SO. adorable. I can't watch the scenes with her in them without giggling like a schoolgirl. Also super cute in George of the Jungle and Cable Guy.

1. Mary Stuart Masterson in Some Kind of Wonderful '87

She plays a tough drummer chick with a bad home life. All she cares about in life is her, her drums, and her best friend Keith (who she secretly has a crush on). So cute, so adorable. She has the greatest two-tone blonde hair and a tattoo of a star on her neck. She's perfect! I'm in love with Watts! THERE I SAID IT!


So... facebook girl... so you know... this is a carefully thought out preference I have. It has a life long history.

I seem to only end up with the "Winona Rider types" but, I melt... I melt, for a short-haired blonde with a little fight in her. A tom-boy who likes to dress like a girl sometimes. A Watts to my Keith.

5 comments:

  1. More please! As I read, I feel like you're sitting right next to me telling me all of this, like the good old days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It's good to hear you tell your stories. It all feels very natural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do talk about myself a lot. In real life, when I get excited about a subject, this will all come out of my mouth within 30 seconds.

    I've thought of a few blonds I left out (Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby for one). Perhaps there'll be a part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, those good old vintage days. they are so antique they are like used treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just don't know about this. i was thinking about the long brown hair thing. maybe its bc its what i was,(its chopped now) but i have always thought those long brown hair girls are the prettiest of girls. i am not aiming to be conceited, but nonetheless. "long brown hair" to me says warm, sensual, deep, comfortable, and fingers.

    ReplyDelete