Sunday, February 27, 2011

ROCK THIS JOINT



I was watching the history channel by chance when I was about 17, and Curtis Clark's documentary "Blue Suede Shoes" (1980) was on. I saw cool Rockabilly Teddy Boys everywhere and they were insanely excited.

I remember the documentary being about a reunion or a festival of some sort in the early 80... sort of showing the Rockabilly revival that went on in the late 70s. The whole night was leading up to this concert by "the father of Rock and Roll" Bill Haley.

I only got to see maybe 10 minutes before my sister came into the room and demanded that she'd get to see her show that was about to be on. I pleaded with her that I was currently watching something that would change things for ever for me. I was moved by what my eyes were seeing! Nope... the channel was changed.

Ever since then, I've been looking for it. I know in the last 5 years, it seems like everything from the past is coming out on DVD so I kept trying. I didn't know what it was called, today I remembered Bill Haley was the headliner so I just looked for youtubes of him playing live in the 80s. He didn't live long after. Sure enough, I found the concert.

The rest of the documentary is still missing and is not available anywhere, but I know what it's called now. So... here... watch this...











No comments:

Post a Comment