Sunday, February 27, 2011

FOUR EYES

Bob Dylan wore glasses. He needed glasses but rarely wore them.


He wore prescription sunglasses. These are the same as mine.


He always had headaches.




James Dean wore glasses.


Only took them off for photo shoots and for all three movies. Actually, in Rebel, they shot a few days of him with glasses. Then they went back and re-shot everything in color and had him take off the glasses.


Off set, he'd always have them on. This is him and Elisabeth Taylor. I like to think of them having a neat relationship.


I think he looks good in glasses.


Not being able to see, gives him that look though... of gazing into nothing...


It gives him that "squinty" look.


I bet he got headaches too.

3 comments:

  1. Picture #2 is hanging up in my bathroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loved the photographs of young Dylan in glasses. He seemed like a different person entirely. And then seeing him in concert and on TV recently... Sometimes it feels like a combination of looking at old family photos and visiting an aging uncle you don't see often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many Bob Dylans. I could come up with maybe 50. I could write a book about the many Bob Dylans.

    ReplyDelete